BREATHTAKING. This place is in a league of its own and has a wide-variety of viewing opportunities. Yellowstone has always been a love of mine since I worked at Old Faithful back in the summer of 2007; taking Andre there was such a treat to show him my old stomping grounds and surprisingly some new stops along the way as well.
We started at the West Entrance and made our way to Biscuit Basin and Old Faithful. After that, we drove the Continental Divide to Grant Village and West Thumb where we spent the night. The next morning we drove around Yellowstone Lake and passed Mud Volcano on our way to the Upper and Lower Falls at Canyon Village. Our final stops were Tower Fall and Mammoth Hot Springs before departing out of the North Entrance at Roosevelt Arch.
Our favorites from these spots were Sapphire Pool, Lake House Restaurant, Dragon’s Mouth Spring at Mud Volcano, Artist Point, Travertine Terraces, Old Faithful Inn and the faithful geyser. Check out our other recommendations below. Our full road trip stops from this June-July 2019 trip can be found HERE.
FAVORITE FOOD FINDS
- CASUAL: Old Faithful Inn Dining Room, Grant Village Lake House Restaurant, Bear Pit Lounge
- DRESSY: Lake Yellowstone Hotel Dining Room, Old Faithful Snow Lodge Obsidian Dining Room, Mammoth Hotel Dining Room
- DESSERT: Canyon Lodge Ice Creamery, Old Faithful Lodge Cafeteria & Bake Shop, Grant Village Dining Room
WHERE WE WALK
ARTS AND ATTRACTIONS
- HISTORY/ARTS: Old Faithful Visitor Education Center, Canyon Visitor Education Center, Fort Yellowstone Historic District
- SPORTS: Biking, Fishing, Hiking, Horseback Riding, and Snow Sports
- ATTRACTIONS: Old Faithful Geyser, Grand Loop Road, Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone Lake, Old Faithful Inn, Roosevelt Arch, Tower Fall, Grant Village, Canyon Village, Morning Glory Pool, Upper Geyser Basin, Grand Prismatic Spring, Biscuit Basin