Seattle, home of the Space Needle and Pike Place Market, has a vast amount of attractions to explore. We were only in town for two days, but we managed to fit a lot in that small window of time. Our recommendations are listed below, and the rest of our stops from the road trip can be found HERE.
We started at Lake Union Park, which is next to the Center for Wooden Boats, the Museum of History and Industry, and down the street from our Marriott Moxy hotel, which we highly recommend for its unique décor, free drinks, and endless supply of Skittles.
After Lake Union, we headed to the Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass, and the Pacific Science Center. Each of these stops had their own unique flair, and going to the top of the Needle is a must; we opted out of the nighttime view due to weather, but if you can make that happen, it sounds like the best option. There used to be a restaurant on top of the Needle, but they only house a café now with a walkable rotating glass floor in its place.
Later, we hopped on the Monorail next to the Needle to head down to Pike’s for some fish throwing and time to explore the famous market. Athenian Restaurant treated our bellies well with fresh seafood before getting some old-school ice cream parlor treats at Shug’s. Both stops left us in a comatose state in the best way possible LOL.
We ended our trip at the Ferris Wheel and a tour of the underground city, which is underneath the current re-built Seattle after their Great Fire. It gave us an inside look of what the city used to look like and some funny and intriguing history along the way. Overall, this city is a beautifully developed town with awe-inspiring shore lines and mountain views.
FAVORITE FOOD FINDS
- CASUAL: Athenian, Re:public, Tallulah’s
- DRESSY: Bateau, Wa’z, Art of the Table
- DESSERT: Shug’s Soda Fountain + Ice Cream, R&M Dessert Bar, Nana’s Green Tea
WHERE WE WALK
ARTS AND ATTRACTIONS
- HISTORY/ARTS: Museum of History & Industry, The Museum of Flight, Living Computers: Museum + Labs, Chihuly Garden and Glass, Benaroya Hall, Seattle Symphony
- SPORTS: University of Washington Athletics, Safeco Field, CenturyLink Field
- ATTRACTIONS: Pike Place Market, Space Needle, Smith Tower, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Discovery Center, Pacific Science Center, Sky View Observatory, The Center for Wooden Boats