I spent some of my weekend in Jackson Hole while I was working at Old Faithful in Yellowstone during the Summer of 2007. It was great taking Andre back to see some of the hot spots like the Elk Antler Arches in the town square and the gondola to the top of Rendezvous Mountain. My sister and her family were also in town, so we were able to meet up with them as well, which was an special treat for this stop.
If you visit, I’d highly recommend a stop for ice cream at Moo’s Gourmet and dinner at Calico, which is between Jackson and Teton Village. We also had time for a hike and boat ride at Jenny Lake, which is must, but be on the lookout for bears and make sure you check out hidden falls. Going to a rodeo, strolling through the Jackson farmer’s market, and riding on the bike trails outside of town are three more at the top of our list.
You can check out all of our recommendations below and the full stops from our June-July 2019 road trip HERE.
FAVORITE FOOD FINDS
- CASUAL: Trio An American Bistro, The Bunnery Bakery & Restaurant, Dornans
- DRESSY: Calico Restaurant, The Granary Restaurant, The White Buffalo Club
- DESSERT: Moo’s Gourmet Ice Cream, Mursell’s Sweet Shop, CocoLove
WHERE WE WALK
ARTS AND ATTRACTIONS
- HISTORY/ARTS: Jackson Hole Historical Society & Museum, National Museum of Wildlife Art, Jackson Hole Children’s Museum, Center for the Arts, Images of Nature Gallery
- SPORTS: Hiking, Running, Skiing on Rendezvous Mountain
- ATTRACTIONS: Jackson Hole Rodeo, Granite Hot Springs, National Elk Refuge, Teton Raptor Center, Jackson Hole Aerial Tram, Jackson Hole & Greater Yellowstone Visitor Center, Jackson Hole Winery