My first trip to Alaska and Anchorage was with my brother, Doug, in 2012 before Andre and I met. It was after our sister’s wedding, and we enviously decided to do our own cool trip since she was going on a honeymoon with our brother-in-law. This video is of our paragliding experience during a more daring stint in my life, which we thankfully both survived.
Andre and I finally made it to Alaska together in August and September of 2019, so he was able to see this gem firsthand. Alaska was Andre’s 50th state, which made this visit extra special. We’ve now visited all 50 states “2Gethers”!
Anchorage is one of the few bigger cities in Alaska, so it is definitely worth a stop. This was our last stop on our Alaskan cruise, so we had a few days to relax here. It definitely gives you a chance to do some whale watching and hiking if you’re not into jumping off mountains LOL.
FAVORITE FOOD FINDS
- CASUAL: Haute Quarter Grill, Glacier Brewhouse, Fat Ptarmigan
- DRESSY: Simon & Seafort’s, Kincaid Grill, Crow’s Nest
- DESSERT: Wild Scoops, Alaska Cake Studio, Fire Island Rustic Bakeshop
WHERE WE WALK
ARTS AND ATTRACTIONS
- HISTORY/ARTS: Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum, Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center, Alaska Native Medical Center Craft Shop
- SPORTS: University of Alaska Anchorage Athletics, Anchorage Bucs, Anchorage Glacier Pilots
- ATTRACTIONS: The Alaska Zoo, Alaska Railroad, Portage Glacier