This was our first meet up spot back in 2014 while I was living in Atlanta and Andre was in Pittsburgh. We also made our way down to D.C. since it is next door to Gaithersburg. A couple years later, we made our way back while visiting a friend living in the area.
We stayed at the RIO Lakefront area, which I highly recommend for the scenery alone, but there is also quite a bit to do in that part of town.
Gaithersburg will always hold a special place in our hearts since it started our travel dreams together before we even started traveling intentionally.
FAVORITE FOOD FINDS
- CASUAL: Union Jacks, Kenaki Sushi Counter, Yard House
- DRESSY: Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Copper Canyon Grill, Nick’s Chophouse
- DESSERT: Berries & Bowls, Sweetz Cheesecake, Moorenko’s
WHERE WE WALK
ARTS AND ATTRACTIONS
- HISTORY/ARTS: Gaithersburg Community Museum, Fire Museum, Glenstone
- SPORTS: Bowlmor Rockville, Needwood Golf Course, Seneca Creek Disc Golf Course
- ATTRACTIONS: City of Gaithersburg Water Park at Bohrer Park, Sky Zone Trampoline Park, iFLY Montgomery